Ploblem with trial version

Hi everyone, I am a novice user of factoty io, there was a problem when installing the trial version, after the license agreement, the installer freezes and crashes. I tried running the installer from the administrator and disabling the antivirus completely, but it doesn’t help. Maybe someone has faced this problem before and found a solution. Please help, as factory is needed for my educationimage

Hi @aiv15!

There is no difference between trial and full version of Factory IO: the installer and files are the same, the application just limits its functionality when no license is detected.

The installer for each release of Factory IO is accompanied by a portable version, which is distributed as a zipped archive. You could just extract the archive into a folder of your choice and run the application from there.
These portable versions can be found in the download archive.

Besides registering the application and in ‘Apps & features’, the installer associates files with the ‘.factoryio’ extension - scene save files - for opening in Factory IO. Another component of the installer is for installing the required dependencies for the OPC driver, which is optional if you don’t intend to use OPC.

You could also check if running the installer in silent mode works properly.
It can be done from the command line with the --mode unattended argument.
For example: C:\Users\goncalo\Downloads\factoryio-installer-latest.exe --mode unattended.