Connect to AB Emulate

I have Rockwell Studio 5000 Logix Emulate (V32). Is there a way to connect Factory IO to it?

1 Like

I have been looking for a solution as well. I have studio 5000 v30, as well as v30 emulate. I have the factory talk linx, rs linx lite, as well, and I have yet to be able to get it to work. If you find any answers, please post here.

Hello, rumor has it that emulate wont work for Rockwell products. Only Siemens.

I believe RSEmulate 5000 cannot communicate over Ethernet. However, it can communicate with RSLinx Classic. This means that any communications with RSEmulate 5000 have to be done via OPC DA.

The current OPC DA client driver available on v2.4.3 is unable to connect to RSLinx Classic due to some bugs present on the third-party library we are using. During the past few weeks, we have been working on a new OPC DA driver since many users still use RSLinx Classic. We are expecting to release a preview version of v2.4.4 early next week, which will include a redesigned OPC DA driver together with several performance improvements related to OPC UA and several bug fixes. You will be able to find the download of preview v2.4.4 on the Announcements category.

Note that you will need a license for RSLinx Classic Single Node, OEM or Gateway. RSLinx Classic Lite does not include OPC DA functionality.

You can find the official RSLinx Comparison Chart here:
RSLinx Classic comparison.pdf (56.4 KB)

Hello Sir,
I have everything all set up on my laptop. (Studio 5000, Rs Linx OEM, EMULATE) I have also updated to the current FIO 2.4. I absolutely love the FIO package and I am excited to get this to work with emulate as I have a really nice controller which I have to yet to wait in order to get repaired. (L27 ERM). It is very important to me to begin writing my code for some of my FIO creations. I have had alot of success with Siemens, Do More(Automation Direct). I appreciate any input or feedback.
Thank you,
and Best regards.

Hi, I found a way to connect Studio 5000 Logix Emulate to Factory I/O. The connection is through ethernet using FactoryTalk Linx Browser, Studio 5000 Logix Emulate, and Studio 5000. I have tried it using all the latest versions of AB softwares (v32) mentioned but I think it would work with versions that support FactoryTalk Linx browser as well.

Hi,
Great news! Can you post a step-by-step instruction, or maybe a video about doing it?
Paul

Here is a link to a video tutorial that I made. https://youtu.be/QXrV4AkZugE

3 Likes

I nominate you as “user of the month”. I hope Bruno can give you a reward!

1 Like

Hi,
Could you upload this project,please?
I have everything done the same but in I O Factory
PLC is detected but all inputs and outputs are wrong ‘Tag BOOL_IN_0 does not exist’

Or could you explain how to create tags to be seen in IO Factory.

I use the same Software versions
Studio 5000 Logix Designer - v32
Studio 5000 Logix Emulate - v32
FactoryTalk Linx - v6.11.00
Factory I/O - Ultimate edition (trial) v2.4.3

thanks

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hi,
I do many tutorial videos for my students, you are welcome to view them (don’t forget to like & subscribe!). You may find some of the answers there.

1 Like

I only have studio 5000 v30, and unfortunately there is no option to select rslinx or factorytalk linx from the communiciations tab. Even with no project file open. I will explore a bit further. Thanks for the feedback.

hi, i have the same problem, do you know the solution?

https://youtu.be/aoLkmIYy_zE

wt., 24 maj 2022, 09:34 użytkownik Lucashideki147 via Factory I/O Community <notifications@factoryio.discoursemail.com> napisał:

1 Like

Please watch my tutorial that explains about this. Don’t forget to “Like & Subscribe” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, please, can you solve the problema with the tags in red colour?

Your tags will show red if you do not have a matching tag downloaded to the controller before you connect.