Factory IO w/ Control IO Assembler Scene Help

Hello everybody :slight_smile:

I’m having a lot of trouble trying to deduce how to use the Assembler Scene.

I’ve used countless tutorials / videos online, and honestly if somebody could just throw me a bone and give me a working Control IO file I’d extremely appreciate it.

Link to assembler scene: Assembler - FACTORY I/O

If you’re able to provide the Control IO file it would honestly help me so much with my project I’m doing! (Will upload once I get this final part done)

I would be really, really, grateful if anybody could help me out with this.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sadly, I don’t have any code for this at hand.
But if you tell me where you’re stuck, I might be able to help you to get you going.

If you watch the video of the assembler scene you should already get kind of an idea on how the machine should work. Lids and bases get transportet by conveyor to the clamping stations. The process of the machine is roughly as follows:

1. A lid and base are present at the clamping station
  2. The lid and base get clamped to align them properly
  3. The robot moves to pick up the lid
  4. The lid gets released
  5. The robot picks up the lid
  6. The robot moves to place it down on the base, places it down, releases the lid and moves back into it’s initial position
  7. The new part, which is a combination of the base and lid, is released by the the base clamping station. For this the clamp has to be unclamped and the clamp has to move up to make way.
  8. The conveyor moves the finished part past the sensor after the base clamping station, after which the base clamper moves back down into it’s initial position.

At this point all the moving actors are back in their initial position and the whole process starts again.
It’s important to note that the lid conveyor is standing still at least from step 1 to 5, after which the lid clamping station should be free again. The base conveyor whould be standing still from step 1 to 7.

Does this help?

thank you mate I appreciate your help, a shame there isn’t a premade template for each of the scenes already.

What are you struggling with? How can we help?

I GOT IT WORKING THANK THE LORD

(turns out I had an identical variable with the same name, but the incorrect address)

I’ll keep this chat open so I can upload the work in a couple weeks time :slight_smile:

Well, I’m glad you got it working and the problem seemingly wasn’t anything related to the scene. :wink: