S7-PLCSIM template projects

Communication between Factory I/O S7-PLCSIM only works with a specific set of settings and a custom function.

Using Template Projects

We provide ready to use project templates at the S7-PLCSIM section of the manual.

You can also refer to a step-by-step guide on how to connect Factory I/O to S7-PLCSIM.

Creating a project from scratch

In case you need to create a new project from scratch the required settings are:

Add the communication FB from one of our template projects. Make sure it runs.

Set a minimum cycle time.

Make sure input addresses that will be used by Factory I/O are not assigned to any I/O module. Either by changing the IO addresses of the module:

Or by setting the module PI to none:

You should do this for every input module of the PLC, either digital or analog.

1 Like

Next on my list to play with in order to reduce hardware requirements in the Lab for my Industrial Projects course. This is my Summer Assignment as my Spring/Summer Courses just got rescheduled to Fall due to the Virus. If I can move my students out of the PLC Lab an into a Computer Lab, we can save by not having the split up lab sessions. The Projects Course uses preprogrammed PLC Code and Factoryio Scenes so this would be a huge win from a cost and time savings perspective.
Wayne

can you provide us with a video on how to do it
because every time i try to make a new project it gives me an error {“Error in Lower-Level component"}
and i don’t know how to solve it

1 Like

There are many reasons you could be getting this error and the Siemens forums are a good place to start your investigation. You should be able to see, via the Siemens diagnostics, what modules are not configured or are mismatched.