Factory I/O 2.4.0 switching to new licensing system

Starting at Factory I/O v2.4.0, legacy floating licenses (on-premise and cloud) are now replaced by a redesigned cloud based licensing system which is more robust, flexible and easier to use.

Each license can now be used as a standalone or floating license. This means that you can choose on how to use you license pool without needing to perform extra configuration steps. For example, from a pool of 10 licenses you can use 2 as standalone licenses and the remaining as floating licenses.

You can now give access to your license pool by using a Share Code (floating licenses only). This means that only users who know the current Share Code are allowed to use licenses. At any moment, a Share Code can be changed by the license owner returning all floating licenses to the license pool - great feature for sharing licenses with students!

On-premise license servers and old cloud license files are now deprecated. You will still be able to use legacy on-premise license servers on v2.4.0, but we highly encourage you to move to the new cloud licenses since we will not be able to provide maintenance updates for license servers in the future. Migrating to cloud licenses is free of charge and it won’t require any intervention from you.

If you still prefer to use on-premise license servers, please contact us and we will send you instructions on how to setup your license server and Factory I/O installation.