Shareable licenses

Starting at Factory I/O v2.4.0, legacy floating licenses (on-premise and cloud) are now replaced by a redesigned cloud based licensing system which is more robust, flexible and easier to use.

Each license can now be used as a standalone or floating license. This means that you can choose on how to use you license pool without needing to perform extra configuration steps. For example, from a pool of 10 licenses you can use 2 as standalone licenses and the remaining as floating licenses.

You can now give access to your license pool by using a Share Code (floating licenses only). This means that only users who know the current Share Code are allowed to use licenses. At any moment, a Share Code can be changed by the license owner returning all floating licenses to the license pool - great feature for sharing licenses with students!

I seem to have a problem there. I can’t revoke a license to a user via your website nor can the user himself deactivate the license from the Factory I/O client. The Button to deactivate the license as well as the input field to input a license is missing.

Program is started as administrator.

Only standalone licenses will show a Deactivate button. Also, you won’t be able to revoke a standalone license on your account portal, you must deactivate it in Factory I/O.

Standalone licenses:

Floating licenses (checked out using a share code) don’t show a Deactivate button, when you close Factory I/O the license is automatically returned to your license pool.

When using a share code in Factory I/O (FILE > OPTIONS > Licensing > Activate) you can clear it by opening the console and typing license.share_code = ''. On the other hand, if a share code is set in an auto.cfg file you need to edit the file in order to set license.share_code = ''.
Changing the share in you account portal will return all floating licenses to the license pool.

Floating licenses:

Learn more about licenses here: https://docs.factoryio.com/manual/licensing/

The user has activated a standalone license on his PC but after a restart Factory I/O shows “No license found”. The license is still marked as “in usage” via the website though.

Please contact us on support@realgames.pt and send us your serial key.
DO NOT post your serial key here since this is a public forum. Thank you.

1 Like

hello brunovgr a question with how many students can share the license code

@niafre.v You can give a share code to all your students. Keep in mind that you have a limited number of licenses in your license pool. In order for your students to be able to checkout a license it needs to be available in your license pool.

See more about floating licenses here: https://docs.factoryio.com/manual/licensing/