The new release of Factory I/O 2.5.0 is now available for download. This release brings quality of life improvements when working with scene files, several enhancements to Modbus, OPC drivers and the driver window and an updated Factory I/O SDK for .NET Standard. We recommend all Factory I/O users to update to this latest stable release.
Open and Save windows now allow changing the default directory, and choosing how the scenes are ordered.
Forced tags are now displayed with a warning icon in the driver window.
Another major change is dropped support for on-premise license servers.
- Core: ‘Open’ window defaults to the ‘Scenes’ tab when ‘My Scenes’ is empty.
- Core: Added option to change directory when opening or saving scenes.
- Core: Added option to choose how to order scenes in the ‘Open’ and ‘Save’ windows.
- Core: Show sensor and actuator tags by default on clean installs.
- Drivers: Added a warning icon next to forced tags in the driver window.
- Drivers: Increased the maximum value for Modbus items starting address from 32767 to 65535.
- Drivers: Fixed several bugs and improved performance on OPC driver.
- Parts: Digital display now uses a monospaced font.
- Documentation: Improved information regarding tags data types.
- SDK: Updated SDK to .NET Standard.
- Licensing: On-premise license servers are no longer supported.