Factory IO SIEMENS S7 1200 PLC(Traditional) Communication Problem

I’ve been struggling with a problem for the past few days that I’ve tried many things on but unfortunately, I haven’t been able to overcome it.

My problem is as follows:
I’ve established a connection between Factory IO and a physical Siemens S7 1200 PLC (not a simulation!) and defined the IP addresses. In Tia Portal, I created a very simple network. I set it up so that when a signal comes to I0.0, it should give an output at Q0.0, and I tested this by connecting this input to a physical button on the PLC. In my test, when I pressed the button, Q0.0 was indeed outputting. So far, everything is normal, but when I define a button at I0.0 in Factory IO and connect a conveyor to Q0.0, when I press the physical button connected to the PLC, the conveyor in Factory IO starts working. However, when I press the button on the simulation, the simulation doesn’t work, and when I checked on Tia Portal, I noticed that no signal is coming. I tried this by connecting a sensor as well, but whatever I did, I couldn’t process the input in the PLC in the simulation. Previously, I was using a virtual PLC and there were no issues. This problem occurred when I switched to a physical PLC, and I’ve been struggling for days. I changed my PC, changed the Ethernet cable, changed the Tia Portal version, but no matter what I did, I couldn’t get any results. I’m about to go crazy; please help me out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Abdulkadir_Arslan take a look at this topic: Siemens: inputs not working

1 Like

@brunovgr First of all, thank you for your return.
I have already followed the steps in the link you sent.
I solved my problem very recently, I worked on this problem for hours. I’m sharing it so that another friend of mine doesn’t have to deal with it like me.
First of all, in the link you sent, you stated that O. Block should be none, but that box was not visible for me, I changed the P. Image option right below it to none, my problem was solved in this way, I hope it was understandable, thank you very much again.

1 Like

The options to change how the Input/Outputs are updated is visible in my TIA (TIA V19 with Step 7 Professional, CPU 1214C DC/DC/Rly 6ES7 214-1HG40-0XB0 v4.6). Which TIA Version and Hardware are you using?

In general it is advised to follow the first option on how to resolve this, rather than the second. Make sure that the Factory I/O inputs of your CPU are not overwritten by any physical inputs.