FIO CRASH! Faulting module name: sglw.dll

Factory I/O shuts down/crashes after only seconds to minutes after i start the program. I have taken my stationary PC to friends and family and tried there networks, and have had no problems at all.

But if i use my home network or the network of my phone the problem appear.
I have the same problems while using my Flouating license and the 30day free tiral.

I use factory IO for shool and need this problem fixed soon! The school say they will contact factory io too. But im in a hurry to fix this problem. With out factory IO working ill fale my school work.
And yea i can do some work at friends houses, but I study and work 100% so i need to be able to do school work from home. Dont have the time to travel around city to city with my 2 screens and my pc.

Below you can see the Administrative Events I get. It’s the same every time.

Faulting application name: Factory IO.exe, version: 2020.3.11.51119, time stamp: 0x60c883a5
Faulting module name: sglw.dll, version: 2.22.0.0, time stamp: 0x46e51062
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ea6
Faulting process ID: 0x2c88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d768e2f40e1fd4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Games\Factory IO\Factory IO.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Real Games\Factory IO\Factory IO_Data\Plugins\x86\sglw.dll
Report ID: 4b76f70b-6438-4061-b93c-7a2a4df1e352
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi,

In order to assist you, we need the log file. Please send an email to support [at] realgames.pt and attach the log file to it. See how to get it here: Obtaining a log file

Don’t post your log file here since it may contain private information and this is a public forum.

Thank you

Hi
I mailed support@realgames.pt the “log file”. But i haven’t gotten any response from support that they received the mail.

I understand that they might not have hade the oportunity to look at it yet. I just whant to know they got what they need.

Im thankfull for all the help i can get :smiley:

Hi,

We replied to you on Jun 25. Please check your spam folder, maybe it’s trapped in there.