Pallets are turning when they are dirven on roller conveyors/turntable

Hey i am using an selfmade project that includes a turntable and roller conveyors.
The thing is that after aprox 5min some of the pallets are turning slightliy on the roller conveyors and also the turntable 2 small free insert rollers are turning the pallet. Can you fix that with an new update ?

The parcels are coming from a emitter and after 2-3m they are already turned slightly

I haven’t run into the issue myself but I do like the idea of having some amount of randomness in the simulation so faults can be generated. It would be interesting to have parameter that allows us to automatically cause errors or create perfect parts. Just thinking out loud … :slight_smile:

Yeah i agree but the thing is that i want to show a project for educational proposes and that should run longer than 3min without issues. Sideguard/aligments are not helping. I dont uderstand why parcels going thru 3 straight conveyors are slightly turning to the left without reason. That is not even happening in real life.

1 Like

Hi @patryk5184,

We were also not able to replicate the issue of pallets rotating so much on a small series of straight conveyors. Can you please send us your scene to our support email (support at realgames dot pt)?

The only way we could replicate such large rotations was by trying to move pallets into conveyors that were stopped, or that were turned on too late. Could this be what is causing the pallets to rotate so much in your scene?

I dont uderstand why parcels going thru 3 straight conveyors are slightly turning to the left without reason.

Unfortunately, some rotation is expected, and very hard to minimize or remove. Using a full physics simulation enables rich interaction with the scenes in Factory IO, but has the disadvantage of some unpredictable behavior.
Contacts between objects (such as objects standing on top of others, like a box on a pallet or conveyor) are modeled as penetration constraints in the physics engine. These constraints are solved with an iterative algorithm (projected gauss seidel), which will not produce exact results. This means that there will always be some slight movement between the contacting objects.
The common way to minimize this problem is to put the objects to ‘sleep’ and remove them from the physics simulation once their velocity is lower than some threshold for some time; then waking them up again when other ‘awake’ objects come close and might interact with it.
This mechanism makes the object’s position static and also helps with performance. Unfortunately it can’t be used when objects are standing on a conveyor as the objects have some velocity, and interaction from the conveyor, which is also ‘awake’, is always a possibility.

1 Like