FactoryIO Performance

Good afternoon. I am a Factory IO user and I have detected that random malfunctions are occurring in the environment I am using. Please find below the characteristics of the environment I am simulating, as well as the random malfunctions detected and the actions taken to reduce the probability of occurrence of these malfunctions.
I would like to know if I am proceeding in the correct way or if there are any other actions that could address or mitigate this situation.
I would also like to know if these malfunctions are intrinsic to Factory IO. Thank you

Description of the environment
Driver: Siemens S7-1200
82 DI
16 AI
85 DO
16 AO
Warehouse with 108 items (pallet + box + product lid + product base. 3 different colours)
3 Machining centres
6 two-axis pick&place
+24 buttons
4 RFID writer/reader
10 objects emitters
1 object remover
+30 conveyors
2 turntables
sorters, diffuse sensors, etc

Examples of malfunctions detected

1. Sometimes, it seems that the sensors detect an item a little later than normal, causing for example a box to advance on the conveyor more than it should. This behaviour has also been detected on the two-axis pick&place.

2. Boxes do not always behave in the same way on their way. There have been cases of a box passing perfectly through the conveyor, and the next one, everything working exactly the same, has turned in such a way that it has become stuck in a curve.

3. When there are many elements on screen, there are times when there are elements that “shake”, both when moving and when static.

Actions taken

1. We have limited the number of moving objects on the screen.

2. We have lowered the “time scale” of the simulation. Here we have observed that less random failures tend to occur.

Please let me know if I am proceeding in the correct way or if there are any other actions that could solve or mitigate this situation.
I would also like to know if these malfunctions are intrinsic to Factory IO.

Thank you

saludos cordiales, si estan utilizando el simulador del plc tiende a ocurrir avería 1 debes tener un buen computador con suficiente memoria, yo mitigue el tiempo que fuese más real utilizando el plc con el soft y los tiempo fueron perfectos.
revisa las condiciones de tu máquina hardware tarjeta video y memoria ram

Hi @user122,

It looks like you are simulating quite a large scene. Nonetheless, it should run fine, depending on your computer’s specs. Ideally, the simulation should run around 60 fps (frames per second) for stable physics simulation. When running at lower fps you may notice incorrect behavior of moving parts.

I/O exchange with the PLC is done asynchronously so it does not block the simulation. When using many I/O points you may notice a delay which may create the effect you have described: sensors detect an item a little later than normal. Running the simulation at 60 fps may help a little, but you may want to design your system to take this delay into account. For instance, you may move/rotate the sensor to attenuate this effect, or you may place a mechanical stop to guarantee that parts are in the correct position (such as the Metal Corner).

You can see the simulation stats by clicking on VIEW > Show Stats.

Hi @eacicontacto,

Welcome to the forum! I kindly ask you to write your posts in English since this is an international forum :wink:. Thanks.