Unable to save scenes

Inability to save scenes is usually caused by one of two reasons: an expired license; or because Factory I/O lacks write permissions for the folder where scenes are saved.

Factory I/O license has expired

Without a license the functionality of Factory I/O is restricted and you will not be able to save scenes. Check whether Factory I/O license has expired by looking at the bottom-left corner of the window.

If this is the case the ‘Save’ and ‘Save As…’ options of the File menu will be disabled.

Factory I/O has an active license but I still can’t save

The most likely reason for this issue is Factory I/O lacking write permission for the scenes folder. To fix it, try the following:

1. Run Factory I/O with administrator privileges

Right-click on the Factory I/O icon and select ‘Run as administrator’ from the context menu. Check if you can save now. If not:

2. Reinstall Factory I/O

You can download the installer for the latest version here. Make sure to run the installer with administrator privileges. Again, to do so, right-click on the installer file and select ‘Run as administrator’ from the context menu.

If the problem persists please send us a Factory I/O log file and a message describing your problem.