Webserver + Control I/O driver

Hi - I have enabled the webserver in version 2.5.1 and can successfully GET and PUT values using the API when no driver is selected.

However, once I have enabled the Control I/O driver, I am only able to read using GET, any calls to modify using PUT no longer works - the tag remains unchanged and HTTP response is empty. The web server is still active and send “invalid tag” responses if I try to call using an invalid tag name, for instance.

Is this a known issue? I hope we can expect fully web server functionality even when a driver is active.

I think (without having read further into the matter) that when you select a driver, the driver then has authority over all write processes. So, by selecting the Control I/O driver, the driver will then take over and overwrite any status that was altered by the PUT received by the web server.

Thanks for the reply, janbumer1. I agree, it seems the webserver acts as a driver which cause these kind of conflicts with selected Control I/O driver. For my use case, having the web server set the value as a ‘forced’ value would have been better.

@brunovgr Hey Bruno, I think this is a question for you.
Is there a way to set the “isForced” flag of a tag and provide a value via “forcedValue” on a HTTP PUT request?
From the documentation it seems that this isn’t possible. Could we have this as a feature?
Same goes for the “openCircuit” and “shortCircuit” flags.

By allowing the webserver to set these flags while another driver is writing to the tags one could implement an automated simulation where for example when certain conditions are met a fault is introduced, instead of an instructor needing to unlock the simulation, use the GUI and manually introduce a fault.

1 Like

@jimmy.cederholm @janbumer1

You are correct, it’s not possible to force tags using HTTP verbs. Added this feature request into the dev roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Perfect, thank you very much!

Great, this will also be perfect for us - Thank You!