[Edit] Released: Factory I/O v2.4.4
A first preview for the v2.4.4 version of Factory I/O is now available for download:
- Installer (link removed)
- Portable (link removed)
The main new features of this preview are:
Improvements to the OPC DA driver, restoring the ability to connect to RSLinx Classic.
A new option for the S7PLCSIM driver, allowing connection with S7PLCSIM Advanced V3.0. It can be enabled by selecting
S7-1500 (S7-PLCSIM Advanced)from the Model dropdown.
Version 3.0 of S7-PLCSIM Advanced is required, and the virtual PLC must be configured with an instance name set to
Feedback on these features is welcomed.
Full release notes:
- Core: Fixed errors when opening v1.x scenes.
- Core: Fixed crash when a dragged item is deleted by a remover.
- Drivers: Fixed crash by repeatedly showing an error message in Allen-Bradley drivers.
- Drivers: Redesigned OPC DA driver which is now faster and more robust - it now works correctly with RSLinx Classic.
- Drivers: Improved performance when browsing nodes on OPC UA servers.
- Drivers: Fixed read errors not being correctly displayed on OPC UA driver.
- Drivers: OPC items/nodes now show correct data types following the IEC61131 standard.
- Drivers: Added driver for S7-PLCSIM Advanced v3.0 (tutorials and samples available soon).
- Licensing: Floating licenses are now more resilient during system shutdown/crashes.